If you or someone you know has been affected by relationship violence, stalking, sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, or sexual violence, know that you are not alone. Help is available.

The Know More campaign has created an interactive Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct (RVSM) resource poster (PDF). This poster is not a comprehensive representation of all resources available to the MSU community, but it is a starting point to raise awareness of students, faculty, and staff about the RVSM resources available on and around campus.

Confidential Resources at MSU


MSU Safe Place

MSU Safe Place is a program that addresses relationship violence and stalking. They are located on campus and serve students, faculty, staff, their spouses/partners and non-affiliated members in the greater Lansing Area. They provide advocacy, emergency shelter, counseling, support groups, safety planning, information and referrals to survivors of violence and their minor children. All support services are free and confidential. To get more information call: (517) 355-1100

University Ombudsperson

The Office of the Ombudsperson was established to assist students in resolving conflicts or disputes within the University. They also help staff members, instructors, and administrators sort through university rules and regulations that might apply to specific student issues and concerns. In addition to helping members of the MSU community resolve disputes, they also identify MSU policies that might need revision, and refer them to the appropriate academic governance. These duties are carried out in a neutral, confidential, informal, and independent matter. To get more information call: (517) 353-8830.

MSU CAPS (Counseling and Psychiatric Services) 

CAPS connects MSU students with the most appropriate and available care and services to optimize their health, well-being and success. Services include individual counseling or group counseling at CAPS, psychiatric care, referral to on-or off-campus services and more.

Counseling services and the first three psychiatric visits at CAPS are free for students. Students can access 24/7 virtual crisis counseling by calling CAPS at (517) 355-8270 and pressing “1” at the prompt to speak with a crisis counselor anytime.

Visit to learn more.

Employee Assistance Program

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling service provided at no cost to MSU faculty, staff, retirees, graduate student employees, and their families. To make an appointment call: 517-355-4506

MSU Couple and Family Therapy Clinic

The MSU Couple and Family Therapy clinic provides a combination of therapy services, scholarship, research, and community outreach.If you are interested in scheduling an appointment or learning more about the services, you can reach the clinic at 517-432-2272.